27 March 2005

Herds and Words

A herd of buffalo was running across the open prairie, when suddenly the lead buffalo stopped suddenly. "What's wrong? What's wrong!?," all the buffalo called out. He replied, "I just thought I heard a discouraging word."

[The punchline of this joke comes from a timeless song called "Home on the Range" that has become the state song of Kansas. The chorus is printed below. For more words, click here.]

Home, home on the range,
Where the deer and the antelope play,
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the skies are not cloudy all day.

(Dick Dye)

1 Comments:

At 7:10 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just today I read you blogger, though Laura had told me to do it a long time ago.

I am so glad that you explained Dick's joke! I sure do like that guy, even if he does through some dosers sometimes when I am trying to translate.

Blessings on you, Steve, and all your family.

Love,
Janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home